Frank Baker is a media literacy advocate who has published five books on the topic for parents, educators, and students. In this episode, he shares his early history with media and how he became interested in taking a critical look at how stories are told. He also gives a few suggestions for encouraging media literacy in younger generations of students.
- Baker, Frank. Close reading the media: literacy lessons and activities for every month of the school year. New York: Routledge, 2018
- Baker, Frank. Media literacy in the K-12 classroom. International Society for Technology in Education, 2016.
- Media Literacy Clearinghouse: http://www.frankwbaker.com/mlc
- Media Literacy Defined. National Association for Media Literacy Education
- The Past, Present and Future of Media Literacy Education. National Association for Media Literacy Education’s Journal of Media Literacy Education (2009)
- History of Media Literacy Timeline by Frank Baker