Dr. Curtis Rogers discusses poetry and more with Dr. Ed Madden, Columbia South Carolina’s first Poet Laureate. Dr. Madden is a poet, activist, professor of English and Director of Women's and Gender Studies at the University of South Carolina. He is the author of Signals, which won the 2007 SC Poetry Book Prize and Prodigal: Variations; Nest; Ark, and he recently edited Theologies of Terrain by Tim Conroy. His chapbook My Father’s House was selected for the Seven Kitchens Press Editor’s Series and his poems have appeared in Best New Poets 2007, The Book of Irish American Poetry, and in journals such as Prairie Schooner, Crazyhorse, Poetry Ireland Review, Los Angeles Review, and online at The Good Men Project. He is also the first poet laureate of Columbia, South Carolina.
- Columbia City Poet Laureate http://www.columbiapoet.org/
- University of South Carolina Bio http://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/our-people/faculty-staff/madden_ed.php
- The State recognizes anniversary of Charleston church shooting with front-page poem http://ivoh.org/state-recognizes-anniversary-charleston-church-shooting-front-page-poem/
- POEM: The lesson that night http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article84322027.html
- Parking Ticket Poetry http://www.columbiapoet.org/2017/04/01/did-you-get-a-parking-ticket/
- Ed Madden’s poem ‘Body Politic’ honoring Columbia’s strength in unity, diversity http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article130049739.html