Dr. Curtis Rogers discusses the civil rights movement in South Carolina with journalist and author, Claudia Smith Brinson. Claudia has been a South Carolina journalist for more than thirty years. She has won more than thirty awards, including Knight Ridder’s Award of Excellence and an O. Henry Award for short fiction, and she was also a member of the Pulitzer finalist team covering Hurricane Hugo. Her recent book, published by the University of South Carolina Press is titled, Stories of Struggle: The Clash over Civil Rights in South Carolina.
- Stories of Struggle website
- University of South Carolina Press
- Historic Columbia talk with Cecil Williams – November 19, 2020, from 6:30 pm -7:30 pm.
- Historical Black Newspaper Collection (available to SC State Library cardholders)
- Cecil Williams South Carolina Civil Rights Museum